After this field trip, you will wonder why you waited so long to start photographing birds on the wing! The rookery at Smith Oaks offers endless opportunities for bird in flight photography.
Kathy Adams Clark will instruct and guide participants in the following topics with the goal of helping to simplifying the process of photographing birds in flight:
- Review of camera and lens settings during bus ride to Smith Oaks.
- Learning the right settings to take full advantage of the technology at your fingertips
- Plenty of opportunity to make a good flight photo with reminders about shutter speeds, ISO settings, f-stops, and more.
- Discovering more about Smith Oaks including where to go and when to be there
- Learning about other equipment that can make you even better at flight photography
- Kathy will be there to help and offer suggestions during the shooting.
- Recap and review on the bus ride back to Galveston.
Suggested Equipment: Tripod, DSLR, 300mm or larger telephoto lens, and wide angle if available